1. How does the National Institute of Health view Traditional Chinese Medicine?
According to the 2007 NIH survey, an estimated 3.1 million U.S. adults had used acupuncture in the previous year.
Learn more from the NIH National center for Complementary and Integrative Health.
3. WHO: Acupuncture—Review and Analysis of Reports on Controlled Clinical Trials.
Acupuncture is recommended by WHO for the treatment on 50 types of diseases.
4. Acupuncture treats for pain:
1) Integrative therapies for low back pain that include complementary and alternative
medicine care: a systematic review
2) Acupuncture for postoperative pain in laparoscopic surgery: a systematic review protocol
3) Acupuncture for visceral pain: neural substrates and potential mechanisms
4) Acupuncture combined with traction therapy for lumbar disc herniation: a systematic review
5. Science : the top journal in the world.
1). The Art and Science of Traditional Medicine part 1:
TCM Today---A Case for Integration
2). The Art and Science of Traditional Medicine part 2:
Otolaryngol Head Neck surg. 2015 Feb;152(1 Suppl):S1-43. Doi:10.1177/0194599814561600.
In summary, RCTs found benefit to acupuncture for symptom control in seasonal AR patients. Additionally we could find no evidence of significant harms associated with acupuncture. Accordingly, for patients with an interest in nonpharmacologic approaches to management of AR, acupuncture may be offered as an option.
7. Acupuncture Efficacy on Ischemic Stroke Recovery (Stroke 04/14/2015)
Multicenter Randomized Controlled Trial in China.
Acupuncture is a frequently used complementary treatment for ischemic stroke in China, This is a multicenter, single-blinded, randomized controlled trial. Eight hundred sixty-two hospitalized patients with limb paralysis between 3 to 10 days after ischemic stroke onset were allocated acupuncture plus standard care or standard care alone. The acupuncture was applied 5 times per week for 3 to 4 weeks. Conclusions—Acupuncture seemed to be safe in the subacute phase of ischemic stroke.
Wang Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine Clinic